6061 Aluminium Coil
- 6061 is a precipitation-hardened aluminium alloy, containing magnesium and silicon as its major alloying elements. Originally called “Alloy 61S”, it was developed in 1935. It has good mechanical properties, exhibits good weldability, and is very commonly extruded (second in popularity only to 6063). It is one of the most common alloys of aluminium for general-purpose use.
- It is commonly available in pre-tempered grades such as 6061-O (annealed), tempered grades such as 6061-T6 (solutionized and artificially aged) and 6061-T651 (solutionized, stress-relieved stretched and artificially aged).Temper:O T6 T651 etc.
Specifications of 6061 Aluminium Coil
|Temper||F, O, T4, T6, T651|
|Roll ID/OD (mm)||Customized|
|Typical applications||3C products|
Chemical Composition of 6061 Aluminium Coil
Features of 6061 Aluminum Coil
- Has excellent electroplating, corrosion resistance and toughness.
- High strength, high hardness, no deformation after processing, dense material without defects.
- Easy polishing, easy colouring, excellent oxidation effect.
- Aluminum is environmentally friendly and can be recycled without pollution.
Performance of 6061 Aluminium Coil
- 6061 aluminum-magnesium alloy series of high-plastic alloy, heat treatment to strengthen, high impact toughness;
- has excellent thermoplastic, welding performance and corrosion resistance;
- no deformation after processing, the surface is very smooth, and easy anodizing and colouring;
- excellent interface characteristics, high strength, good usability, strong corrosion resistance.
Application of 6061 Aluminium Coil
- Construction of aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselages, more commonly in homebuilt aircraft than commercial or military aircraft. 2024 alloy is somewhat stronger, but 6061 is more easily worked and remains resistant to corrosion even when the surface is abraded, which is not the case for 2024, which is usually used with a thin Alclad coating for corrosion resistance.
- Yacht construction, including small utility boats.
- Automotive parts, such as the chassis of the Audi A8.
- Some tactical flashlights.
- Aluminium cans for the packaging of food and beverages.
Packing Detail of Aluminum Coil
- Our products are packed and labelled according to the regulations and customer’s requests.
- Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation.
- The standard export packaging, plastic film or craft paper covered.
- Wooden case or wooden pallet is adopted to protect products from damage during the delivery.
- Also, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the products and quality information.
As a professional manufacturer and supplier of aluminum coil, LIONS can provide you 6061 aluminum alloy metal coil, which is used in diverse industrial applications. We have reliable quality, reasonable prices and prompt delivery. Common specifications are in stock. Special sizes can be customized according to clients’ requests. Please contact us if you have any questions. We will be glad to serve you.